License year - October 1 through September 30
- Hunting - small game, big game, muzzleloading requires a previous hunting license or hunter education certificate.
- Trapping - trapping or junior trapping requires a previous trapping license or trapper education certificate.
- Bowhunting - bowhunting or junior archery requires both hunting (see above) and bowhunting training
- New York State residents are entitled to combination, junior trapping, senior, or individual resident licenses.
a) DMV license identification
- Non-residents can purchase only non-resident licenses, except for junior archery and junior hunting licenses.
- Junior archery and junior hunting provide the same priviledge at same price to both residents and non-residents.