Our History
The Town of Hamlin was created as the "Town of Union," but was renamed in 1861 as the Town of Hamlin in honor of Lincoln's first Vice President Hannibal Hamlin. Hamlin was initially a part of the town of Northampton. The town of Murray split from Northampton in 1807, and split again into Union and Clarkson on December 14, 1852. The North Star School District No. 11 was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1983.

The Town of Hamlin will no longer be acceopting any tube televisions and monitors at our locations at 91 Rail Road Avenue and 4180 Brick Schoolhouse Road.  It costs the town .20 cents per pound to recycle them.  Sunnking in Brockport accepts them for free.  We apologise for any inconvenience