Margaret A. McGrath Charitable Foundation Awards
$70,000 in Scholarships to 17 Local Students
This year’s recipients of the Philip and Margaret Dollard Business Scholarship are:
The Margaret A. McGrath Charitable Foundation announced the awarding of 17 scholarships totaling $70,000 to local students for the 2021-2022 academic school year.
The Foundation offers two types of scholarships to residents of the Towns of Sweden and Hamlin. The Philip and Margaret Dollard Business Scholarship is awarded to those majoring in Business and the Marie Dollard McGrath Elementary Education Scholarship is awarded to those majoring in elementary education. Scholarships are for Undergraduate and Graduate Degrees.
- Hayden Cook (Sweden) – St. Bonaventure University
- Wilson Huang (Sweden) – Rochester Institute of Technology
- Owen Gardner (Sweden) – St. Bonaventure University
- Jacob Lewis (Sweden) – University at Buffalo
- Jenna McNulty (Hamlin)- Keuka College
- Jordan Miller (Sweden) – Indiana University East
- Regan Nugent (Hamlin) – Niagara University
- Matthew Heyden (Hamlin) – North Greenville University
- John Rath (Hamlin) – SUNY Oswego
- Noah Rath (Hamlin) – SUNY Alfred
- Taylor ReQua (Hamlin) – Niagara University
- Laney Sodoma (Sweden) – Ithaca College
- Emilie Weinbeck (Sweden) – St. Bonaventure University
The recipients of the Marie Dollard McGrath Elementary Education Scholarship are:
- Allison Cring (Hamlin) – SUNY Brockport
- Joseph McNulty (Hamlin) – Roberts Wesleyan College
- Cora Rose (Hamlin) – University of Rochester
- Kasi Williams (Sweden) – SUNY Fredonia
Margaret A. McGrath established the Foundation in 2004 under her will to provide scholarships to residents of the Towns of Sweden and Hamlin who have chosen to pursue a degree in either Business or Elementary Education. The Foundation has awarded $883,000.00 in scholarships since its formation.
Qualifying 2022 graduating high school seniors and current college students should submit applications for the 2022– 2023 academic year by March 1, 2022. For further information, contact Richard J. Dollard, Executive Director and Trustee at 585-637-7170. Web site www.frontiernet.net/~mcgrathfound.
Submitted by: Richard J. Dollard
Executive Director and Trustee May 24, 2021